怕

free online chinese language learning.
Pronunciation : pà
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
Meaning :
  1. fear. (v)
  2. be afraid of; be scared. (v)
  3. may be. (v)
Radical : 忄
Strokes : 8
Traditional : 怕
Usage : 19.3%
Common Words / Phrases:
1.
害怕
hài pà
[Audio clip: view full post to listen] : be afraid of; be scared
2.
可怕
kě pà
[Audio clip: view full post to listen] : awful; terrible; horrible
3.
恐怕
kǒng pà
[Audio clip: view full post to listen] : I'm afraid; perhaps; maybe
Sentences:
1. That's scary!
zhēn lìng rén hài pà !
真 令 人 害 怕 !
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
真 : really
令人 : (used in conjunction with a verb) cause someone to (be, feel, etc)
害怕 : scary
2. I'm afraid it's not appropriate to do it this way.
wǒ pà zhè me zuò bù hé shì 。
我 怕 这 么 做 不 合 适 。
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
我怕 : I'm afraid
这么 : like this
做 : do
不合适 : not appropriate
3. I heard a fearful explosion.
wǒ tīng dào yī shēng kě pà de bào zhà 。
我 听 到 一 声 可 怕 的 爆 炸 。
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
我 : I
听到 : heard
一 : one
声 : sound
可怕 : fearful
的 :
爆炸 : explosion
4. I'm afraid it might rain tonight.
wǒ kàn jīn wǎn kǒng pà yào xià yǔ 。
我 看 今 晚 恐 怕 要 下 雨 。
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
我 : I
看 : think
今晚 : tonight
恐怕 : I'm afraid;
要 : going to
下雨 : rain
Audios Download:
learn Chinese
Read More @ Source

Ayelet Discusses That's Mandarin & Learning Chinese!

Ayelet has only been with That's Mandarin for a short time, but she has a lot of nice things to say. Well, we have a lot of nice things to say about Ayelet, too! Check out the interview and head down to our website for more info: www.thatsmandarin.com

Video Rating: 0 / 5



Comments

Popular Posts