Cold heart (sad) & cold blooded (mean) in Chinese


Since there are like 20 different ways to say 'cold' in Chinese, I thought it would be interesting to look at some different uses such as cold heart & cold blooded. I talked with my teacher to get these words/phrases but please let me know of any mistakes.

Here are 3 ways to say that your heart is cold, which means that you're very sad. They have similar meaning, with the le version implying recently changed.

心寒 - Xīn hán

我的心很冷 - Wǒ de xīn hěn lěng

我的心冰凉了- Wǒ de xīn bīng liáng le

I feel very sad. My heart became cold and hurt.

You can also use this pattern to describe who/what made you sad.

A 让 B 心寒
你让我心寒 -
Nǐ ràng wǒ xīnhán

You made me really sad

If you want to describe someone as selfish / self-interested or old definition of cool (not=hip), you can say

冷漠的人 - Lěng mò de rén

And if someone is really bad, mean or cruel (as in 'he killed many people') you can say

他是个冷血的人 - Tā shì gè lěng xuè de rén

Hope you don't have to use the last one in any real life situations.

Please let me know of any questions, mistakes etc. If you like this post, please like/share using the links below. (Photo by xx--s-t-a-c-e-y--xx)

Study More Chinese: Via member Indira: “During my search...

Popout

Study More Chinese: Via member Indira: “During my search of songs in chinese i found this singer. She’s one of my favorites, so far. I don’t know much about her, since there isn’t much stuff in english, but it seems that she’s from Taiwan.”

Artist: 鄧福如 A-FU on itunes
Song: 一點點喜歡 / 一点点喜欢 / “Just a like” - on itunes

Comments

Popular Posts