Developing a Chinese language Learning Program

Article by Danny C. Miller

Chinese is a fun language, however, it can be challenging to sit and learn, and that means you can't go and hop right into any old language learning program. You must plan, and the proper way to do this is to pay close attention to a few very important questions. This content is going to identify and explain those questions.

The First Question: What is the most effective learning technique for me?

Folks learn a number of things, but they never take a moment and figure out how to learn. Don't do that! Before you jump into a Chinese language course, discover what kind of learner you are. After that, construct a learning system you enjoy. I'll provide a personal illustration. If you tell me that the Chinese term for "apple" is "pinguo" I'll listen to you, and I'll know what you're saying, however , thirty seconds later I'll fail to remember what you said.

If, on the other hand, I learn with a flash card that features a photograph of an apple on one side and the Chinese word "pinguo" on the other, that vocab term will stay in my mind forever. I'm a very good visual learner, and not such a great audio learner. Learning this, what kind of studying system should I employ? Should I invest a bunch of time paying attention to MP3 dialogues? Absolutely not! That would be a major waste of energy for me. To discover exactly what kind of learner you are, just perform a Google search for "free learnining style test."

The Second Question: Precisely why am I studying Mandarin?

This is certainly a crucial question to consider because you do not need to understand Chinese characters to be able to communicate verbally in the Chinese language. This is different, for instance, for Asian folks who choose to master The English language. In their case, the first thing they do is gain knowledge of the English alphabet. Why? Mainly because it helps them enunciate English words. This isn't the way it is, though, with Chinese characters; getting to know them isn't going to help you to communica! te verba lly.

Couple that with the truth that Chinese characters are quite difficult and time-consuming to master, and you may start to recognize that learning them is not really the best use of your time. So, who ought to study them? Well, if you're arranging a trip to China, I recommend that you concentrate on mastering survival phrases, not roots and radicals. Conducting business in China? Once again, improving your verbal conversation skills is going to be a great deal more useful to you than knowing Chinese characters. If you happen to be planning a long-term move to China, then you may want to jump into Chinese characters, combined, naturally, with learning how to communicate verbally.Please understand, I'm not declaring that visitors and short-term businesspeople wouldn't gain from learning how to read Chinese characters--they most certainly would. Like most things in life, though, it's a matter of time, and There's no doubt that your time will be spent wisely should you focus your energy on spoken communication.

The Third Question: When am I going to find time for this?

I've spent time in several countries; consequently, I've spent heaps of time getting to know languages. With some endeavors, I've experienced success. With others, I have failed miserably. What's typically the difference? Persistence. To understand the Chinese language, you need to reserve a block of time each day to hit the books. You can't hit the books hard one week, and then take a week off. You can't memorize words for five hours on a Saturday and then store the books away until the next weekend. You have to be persistent. You must learn a little bit day after day. If you do not you'll have poor progress. That's simply the way it is when mastering foreign languages.

So, stop reading this and consider the question, "When am I going to set aside time for Chinese?" To me, a good time is the very first 60 minute block of every working day. I get up. I learn for an hour. Then, satisfied, I get on with the remainde! r of the day. When is best for you personally? Well, I hope you're figuering that out at this moment.

And i hope you're working everything else out as well, asking, "Why am I doing this," "What is the ideal learning strategy in my case," and, as I just talked about, ""When am I going to study?"

Chinese girl talks Persian

Ling Pei is a student of the University of Warwick in "Applied linguistics". Although her major subject is teaching English language she is so keen to learn other widely spoken languages such as Japanese, Cantonese and Persian. It is interesting to know that she is from Malaysia, a multi-cultural country in South East Asia, and it means that she has grown up among other races such as Malays and Indians who have different cultures and languages. In the other hand, as we Persians (Iranians) are really eager to promote our cultural values, I tried to introduce her some Iranian cuisines and music beside some useful Persian words. And the video you are watching is the result of nine month friendship and sharing things from two rich cultures.

Video Rating: 4 / 5

Comments

Popular Posts