挑

by Min Min
free online chinese language learning.
Pronunciation:tiāo
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
Meaning:
  1. carry … on a carrying pole.(v)
  2. choose; pick. (v)
  3. nitpick. (v)
Radical:扌
Strokes:9
Traditional:挑
Usage:7.0%
Notes:also as tiǎo
Common Words / Phrases:
1.
挑食
tiāo shí
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]:be fastidiou about one’s food
2.
挑剔
tiāo ti
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]:be captious; nitpick
3.
挑选
tiāo xuǎn
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]:choose; select
Sentences:
1. I picked out a black suit.
wǒtiāoleyītàohēisèxīzhuāng。
我挑了一套黑色西装。
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
我:I
挑:pick
了:(particle) used after an action that has taken place
一:one
套:measure word
黑色:black
西装:suit
2. Please pick a good book for me.
qǐngwéiwǒtiāoyīběnhǎoshū。
请为我挑一本好书。
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
请:please
为:for
我:me
挑:choose; pick
一:one
本:measure word
好:good
书:book
3. I need your assistance with this heavy load.
wǒxūyàonǐbāngwǒtiāoqǐzhègèzhòngdān。
我需要你帮我挑起这个重担。
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
我:I
需要:need
你:you
帮:help
我:me
挑起:to provoke; to stir up
这:this
个:measure word
重担:heavy load
4. Alice chose him a sweater.
àilìsītìtātiāoxuǎnleyījiànmáoyī。
艾丽丝替他挑选了一件毛衣。
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
艾丽丝:Alice
替:for
他:him
挑选:choose
了:(particle) used after an action that has taken place
一:one
件:measure word
毛衣:sweater
Audios Download:
learn Chinese

Comments

Popular Posts