吵

free online chinese language learning.
Pronunciation : chǎo
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
Meaning :
  1. to make a noise; to disturb by making noise. (v)
  2. quarrel; wrangle; squabble. (v)
Radical : 口
Strokes : 7
Traditional : 吵
Usage : 2.7%
Common Words / Phrases:
1.
吵架
chǎo jià
[Audio clip: view full post to listen] : have words with sb.
2.
吵闹
chǎo nào
[Audio clip: view full post to listen] : wrangle; bicker
3.
争吵
zhēng chǎo
[Audio clip: view full post to listen] : quarrel
Sentences:
1. The couple often quarrel about trivial things.
zhè duì fū qī jīng cháng wéi xiǎo shì zhēng chǎo 。
这 对 夫 妻 经 常 为 小 事 争 吵 。
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
这 : this
对 : pair; measured word
夫妻 : couple
经常 : always
为 : because of
小事 : trivial things
争吵 : quarrel
2. I am fed up with the noise here.
wǒ tǎo yàn zhè lǐ de chǎo nào 。
我 讨 厌 这 里 的 吵 闹 。
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
我 : I
讨厌 : fed up
这里 : here
的 : (particle) used after an attribute; to
吵闹 : noise
3. I overheard them quarrelling.
wǒ wú yì zhōng tīng dào tā men chǎo jià 。
我 无 意 中 听 到 他 们 吵 架 。
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
我 : I
无意中 : accidentally
听到 : heard
他们 : them
吵架 : quarrelling
Audios Download:
learn Chinese
Read More @ Source

Scare Someone! :O - Cantonese Word of the Week!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com TWITTER: twitter.com Learn a new word every week and you'll be speaking Chinese in no time! I own all content in this video.

Video Rating: 4 / 5



Comments

Popular Posts